Photobucket

Saturday, 20 April 2013

Unearthing the fall

Sculpting ceramic sculptures has become one of my favourite mediums this year and I hope to continue it after I graduate.

I have vivid memories and dreams of growing up as a child and experiencing many new factors of life such as new tastes, sounds textures and of course emotions. I still remember the first boy I had a crush on, he lived next door to me and I recall pestering him badly. I remember watching him play football and I would hide and wave from the fence. Of course, as any boy at his age would and having no interest in girls what so ever found me extremely annoying.

One afternoon I went to see him play football again, I watched him as he ran out of his garden and towards me. I ran faster than I thought I could but I was still too slow, he then pushed me into a muddy rock garden outside my door. The taste of soil and plants filled my mouth, I watched him run off laughing. 
This event marked the first day of rejection and heartbreak for me.

The taste of earth is horrible, I sometimes dream about drowning in it. I felt that I should express this emotion in the form of sculpture using clay. I want the sculpture to look innocent and quite but at the same time to remain a vesil containing a deep hurt.



This is a group of photos of the sculpture at its second firing stage.






No comments:

Post a Comment