Photobucket

Sunday, 11 August 2013

Ornaments

I am currently working on a new work titled "Affy bonnie" a  term that my Gran would often use to describe her dog, jewellery and of course her vast collection of ceramic ornaments. I thought it would be fun to make my own mantle-piece ornaments and to have them displayed on a glass cabinet. I want the cabinet to be full of Rice Krispies playing with the notion of urge, the urge to break and ruin organisation within the placement of objects. It was always tempting to break things at my Grans because everything was so organised and neat, nothing was out of place. The Rice Krispies represent the temptation and urge to cause trouble.




These are images of the sculptures that I took while the clay was drying. I have fired these sculptures in the kiln and have given them a white ceramic finish. More photos to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment